The Start-up & Enhancement Fundraising fund is open to both Intercollegiate & Interscholastic polo programs and is used as a tool to accomplish the USPA stated goal of supporting those I/I schools and clubs in need. All applications are reviewed by the I/I S&E Committee on a rolling basis and will be approved on a first come, first served basis. The committee reserves the right to have the program re-submit applications to include further detail or information.
- Submit an application – All applications must be fully completely.
- Call with I/I Staff – Once the application is received an I/I staff member will reach out to you to schedule a time to discuss the fundraiser.
- Update application if needed- After the call with staff any final details such as a timeline or costs must be finalized before review by the Funding Committee.
- Committee Review & Approval
- Follow Up – At least one check in is required after approval to allow staff to check in on the planning and execution of the fundraiser
- Submit Reimbursement Paperwork and Recap
Costs associated with putting on a fundraiser, to include, but not limited to:
- Venue rental
- Food/Caterer – if the food is to be purchased
- Event insurance
- USPA Umpires
- Advertising & Promotion
Funds may not be used to reimburse:
- Items purchased as ‘giveaways’
- Silent Auction items
- Live Auction items
All applications must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the fundraiser. We recommend additional time for planning and implementation.
Any team/club affiliated with a USPA Regional Polo Center and/or a USPA Club having received a PDI within that calendar year, will be ineligible for I/I S&E Funding.